accessibility B E N E F I C I O S
This is a Faculty (FAC) position.  NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) or the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) sick leave accruals and 10 holidays per year and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members.  More information on benefits at NAU is available at the NAU HR benefits page.  Faculty are hired on a contract basis, renewable according to terms of the Conditions of Faculty Service. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAUs BCBS Plan).  Employees will have 31 days from date of hire to enroll in benefits, and their benefits will then be effective the first day of the pay period following their completed enrollment.  If a new employee chooses the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) retirement option, participation in the ASRS Plan (and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it) will begin on the first of the pay period following 183 days of employment. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP an alternative to the ASRS plan) will begin to participate on the first day of employment.  The long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following 90 days of employment.  More information about NAU benefits is available at the NAU HR benefits page
card_membership E X P E R I E N C I A
- 1) An earned doctorate (or ABD with doctorate no later than June 2022) in Education or closely related field from an accredited university.
- 2) Minimum of three years teaching experience in K-12 settings
chrome_reader_mode R E Q U I S I T O S
Inglés: 80 %
- An earned doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction or closely-related field from an accredited university
- Ability to teach across curricular areas
- Experience teaching a range of upper division courses in teacher education
- Five years or more teaching experience in K-12 settings
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse faculty, staff and student environment
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and working with first-generation minority students
- Experience teaching remote courses to augment face-to-face teaching
- Demonstrated ongoing engagement with the discipline as evidenced by participation at regional or national conferences, meetings, or other involvement with the profession
- Experience in providing career exploration opportunities for high school or community college students interested in pursuing a teaching career
- Experience in seeking grants/external funding
- Fluency in Spanish
domain E M P R E S A
|Empresa||Greater Yuma Economic Development Corporation|
|Lema||Expand Economic Development in the Megaregion|
|Web||Greater Yuma Economic Development Corporation|
The Greater Yuma Arizona region is made up of four states and two countries, serving a population of over 1.5 million people. Many companies chose Yuma County as the place to grow their business. Their success is evidenced by their continued growth in this market. We invite you to visit Yuma and meet the Managers of General Motors, Johnson Controls, Shaw Diversified, Associated Materials, Northwestern Industries, International Paper, Gowan Company, Tanimura and Antle, Dannon/Whitewave, McCormick, Driscoll Foods, Almark Foods, Datepac, Lockheed Martin, AQST Space Systems, Rolls Royce and Pratt Whitney to glean first hand why they are thriving in Yuma County.
Mission Statement: To expand economic activity within Yuma County Megaregion by attracting commerce and industry to the region, and by assisting in developing the regions existing industry to its fullest potential.